G is for Goo Goo Goggles (& Gotcha Day!)
























We are still celebrating Emme's 1 year anniversary of her Gotcha Day (the day she came home from Korea) this week. I just had to share this very silly craft activity I did with Lulu. We call them Goo Goo Goggles. We love Dr. Seuss' ABC book and when we made these funny glasses I immediately thought they should be call Goo Goo Goggles.










Lulu and Emme were drawing so I started playing around with my punches and viola! Goo Goo Goggles or Elton John Glasses...you decide.

Supplies:
Card Stock, Small Punch (Any shape big enough to see through), big punch (any shape), Scissors, Glue, Chenille Stems (optional), Paint, Brushes, Colored Cellophane (optional)

















I folded a piece of card stock in half. Punched the eye opening and then the larger circle (leaving a bit connected on fold.) Unfold & decorate (be silly & creative! I wish we had colored cellophane because that would have been cool to glue over the eye openings.) Meanwhile, cut out the strips for the ear pieces. Fold a bit on end and glue. The goggles did not stay on Emme's face and she protested my use of elastic. She is too wiggly and her ears and nose are so small it didn't work. So these are best for older toddlers on up.


Closeup of how you attach ear piece. As you can see I used an old sentence strip as my card stock. Use what ever you have on hand!









For a variation try the Bunny Goo Goggles we made later this week.

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

A fabulous idea!
I think Madd and Trev would love those.
:)

jennwa said...

Those are such fun glasses. My kids would love them too.

Thanks for linking to Showcase Saturday. Have a great weekend.

Teaching Heart Mom said...

very fun glasses. good job!

Bobbi & Noe said...

I am in love with these glasses!

Life is Good said...

Such a cute idea!

Alicia said...

These are darling! Darling models too. :)

Katie said...

These are great! I can't wait to do the bunny ones with my little ones! Thanks for sharing!

m said...

these are just soooo cute. I can't wait to make them - for myself !! :o)

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs